I am providing our actual plans here to document how all these theories and ideas really looked over the course of a year. How did I organize our plans and what books were we reading at the same time, etc.? These plans represent my personal goals toward balance within each year between subjects and also between my kids’ individual needs at that point in time.
They are not perfect plans, by any means! My thoughts about homeschooling have evolved a lot as one might be able to see here. But we have enjoyed this journey very much and all learned a lot along the way!
With each of these years, I’ve provided some commentary. In some cases, I provide a list of the books we read along with a PDF of the tables I used to keep us organized (this is important to me!).
- 2015-2016: Preschool & kinder
- 2016-2017: Ancient (Preschool & 1st grade)
- 2017-2018: Medieval (Preschool & 2nd grade)
- 2018-2019: Early Modern (K & 3rd grade)
- 2019-2020: 19th century (1st & 4th grade)